No. 1 - Three Objects

When I began to search for three objects to photograph, the vocal tuner was the first thing that I felt like anything of substance. It is rusted on the metal part, has an interesting weight to it, a square font, and holes along the side. While it is something that does serve a purpose and is useful, I have never once used it for its purpose. It was my grandmothers, I'm not sure why I still have it, but somehow it made it's way from back home all the way up here with me to college. I don't have any other objects that from home, and I definitely do no have anything else from my grandparents so I think it's funny that I still have this.

As I began looking for other objects, I wanted to find something that had the least amount of value to me, that still served a purpose. I eventually found this cigarette filter. It's from Amsterdam, I have about 20 filters left, and don't smoke cigarettes often, so I don't particularly care if I have filters. I don't typically have filters. But I like that is a somewhat similar circular shape to the vocal tuner.

The last item is a shoelace from my favorite pair of shoes. I don't like how the laces look on the shoes so I put in a new color. The shoes I took them from are the MF DOOM x Nike Dunks. I looped the lace up so that it gives it was circular. I got the shoes from a dishwasher at my old job, and it is probably one of my favorite gifts that I have ever received. Shoutout Justin. It's really red.


I think that these 3 items are interesting when put together, because it touches a lot of areas of my life. And they are all circular.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LONELI Art Installation Description

Final Installation Post