LONELI Art Installation Description

 I want to have long strips of translucent plastic (acrylic) to act as a doorway into the space. I want the lights to have a dull, muted feel, so I will cover them with plastic to give that feeling. I was thinking maybe use black plastic to help add to the feeling of loneliness. 

I think I will put a chair in the middle of the room that gives the viewer a place to sit and experience the art. But will this take away from the overall feel of loneliness in the room? Maybe the chair would be to grounding, and remind them of reality? 

I will cover the ground with acrylic as well, to give the room an even more disorientating feel. The ground will be difficult to see.

I think my main strategy for making the viewer for making the viewer feel the emotion of loneliness if by stripping them of everything that reminds them of the reality they know.


Maybe by placing things that are a part of reality as they know, but are negative things, would help the viewer make the association? Like maybe trash in the corner? Just throwing this on here.

For audio, I want to have something that mimics chaos. Something that doesn't sound cohesive, and leaves the person experiencing the art to feel disorientated. I think that every 3-5 minutes I will have an idea that cuts through this, something on solo piano that feels haunting and sad. I'm trying to give the feel that the musical idea is a character experiencing life in this way.



Comments

  1. Having a distorted room as a final project would be interesting to see. Having the room to be unrecognizable with plastic strips could pose as a maze of some sort too. With the distorting audio, I'd feel like the installation could be like a visual concept of losing your mind. Overall, pretty great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Final Installation Post

No. 1 - Three Objects