Kayla Bauer Exhibition Reflection

 Today I went and checked out the exhibition in the Mudd Gallery by Kayla Bauer. I was not sure what to make of it. I wish I had been able to attend the talk that she gave, because without it I felt like I was missing the context that made this piece significant. I enjoyed some of the pictures, but other ones felt random and insignificant. They didn't even seem like they were done to intentionally lack purpose, they just felt weird. Some of the text was cool.


What if the universe didn't exist?


What if there was nothing?


I liked these two in particular.


I was wondering what the title meant but couldn't find anything online, and couldn't think of any meanings either.


It's interesting to see found photos with her own photography. I wonder which were which. It's interesting to think on how that builds on the visual identity of the city.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LONELI Art Installation Description

Final Installation Post

No. 1 - Three Objects